Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Keyless Room Entry
This past weekend I was able to try out SPG Keyless on my iPhone 6 at Aloft San Francisco Airport. It allows you to checkin to your hotel room from your phone and obtain a digital room key. Your phone becomes the room key and communicates with your hotel room door via bluetooth. The process was very simple.
1. Register for Keyless through the SPG mobile App (If you have any issues registering, email support at [email protected])
2. Book a hotel that offers Keyless
3. 24 hours prior to your stay you will receive a notification on your phone offering to opt-in for Keyless
4. Opt-in and then on the day of your stay you will receive your digital key which also has your room assignment
5. Arrive at the hotel and head straight to your room
6. Hold your phone to the door lock and wait for it to magically unlock
Limitations @ Aloft San Francisco Airport:
-I still had to go to the front desk to pay for parking and obtain a permit
-You can’t request a high or low floor with Keyless
-To change your room you must go to the front desk
If your next SPG stay offers Keyless give it a try! It was so nice not having to carry a room key as I always have my phone with me. Currently only select Aloft, Element and W Hotels offer Keyless.
Details of the Keyless are here along with the properties which offer it: https://www.spgpromos.com/keyless/